The RYC Crew is a ‘By Youth for Youth’ model of youth development. The RYC Crew develops skills in leadership, team work and event management. Throughout the year the crew will plan and organise youth events and activities learning every aspect of the event management including health and safety, venue, marketing, budgeting, entertainment and activities and catering.
The RYC Crew are searching for new crew members to help plan and run events and activities in your community.
What does the RYC Crew do?
- Attend weekly crew meetings
- Come up with ideas and help plan events and activities
- Promote and run these events
- Participate in leadership and team building activities
- Attend the annual Youth Centre leaders training
- Have heaps of fun!
What will you get out of being on the RYC Crew?
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Being able to have your say on what happens for youth in Rotorua
- Experience in planning and running events and activities
- Free access to all other youth centre programs and services
- Certificate of participation
- Youth Hub Endorsement (testimonial) for your online CV for every skill gained